This project will include your findings from Units 4 & 6.
Your project should include:
- A title page with the title of your project, your name, name of this course, and Kaplan University. Also a line with “date submitted”
- Titles for each section (example: U.S. Census data on ____ county in the state of _____).
- Include questions 1-5 from project 4.
- The health assessment you designed in Project 6.
- Add the information you have discovered to this point in other projects and compile the information about one health concern of relevance in your community (example: youth violence).
- Using the health concern of your choice (the same one throughout this project) describe how you will gather data for your health assessment (interview, focus groups, or whatever methods you feel are appropriate).
- Using the US Census information on your community, complete the health assessment information. You may need to fill in certain information that you may not have on hand (such as that you might gather through interviews or focus groups).
- After you have completed the health assessment section, evaluate your information. (Consult Chapter 13 in your book and look up a reliable example of a health promotion evaluation on the Internet.) Use the link below for a guidepost for your evaluation. A good informational website to help with evaluation ishttp://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/evaluation/resources.htm.http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/program-planner/Step1.pdf Complete and add this to your assignment. This portion should include a plan of action.
- A reference page with your sources of information. You should use your textbook as one resource and at least 4 other sources.
How exactly you compile the material is up to you but remember to give details and to submit material that is organized in thought, has a professional look, in a logical order, and be thorough. Check over your work before submitting to assure clarity, order, and accuracy. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation will also be graded. As long as you include the areas above, you may order the information as you wish as long as it “flows” and is rational. Each component of the assignment should be organized in thought, have a professional look, in a logical order, and be thorough.
This project will include your findings from Units 4& 6. When completed, this project should be a picture of a health assessment, how you have interpreted that data from Unit 4 from U.S. Census data on your county, and evaluation plans.
Please note that there is no “one way” to complete this project. Everyone’s efforts will and should look different. However, each component of the assignment should be organized in thought, have a professional look, and be thorough.
Your project should contain the following:
- Questions 1-5 from Project Unit 4.
- The health assessment you designed in Project Unit 6.
Format your paper consistent with APA 6th guidelines.