Instructions: Students will write a 600-750 word case study analysis based on two case studies that involve the use of Morgan’s metaphors (or similar) as a tool to understand organizations. Review the Case Study Analysis procedure as presented in a document located in this week’s reading resources (see Lessons). Obtain your case study articles from scholarly peer-reviewed journals in the APUS online library. Use case studies that were published within the last ten years. After a concise, but thorough and clear delineation and analysis of the cases, complete the paper with a summary of what you gleaned from using metaphors to understand management practice within organizations.
Write using the APA style format, including a title page and references page (no abstract is required). When you upload your paper, also upload pdfs of BOTH case studies, so the professor can check your analysis.
Use the following outline in your summary (in APA format with a Title page and References page):
- Identify the business problems of each of the cases; describe the metaphor(s) used.
- Rank-order the critical issues stated in the cases
- Evaluate the proposed solutions. Are the solutions valid? Why or why not? How/why did the use of metaphor(s) assist in the solution?
- Submit recommendations you propose beyond what is already stated in the cases.
- State how the solutions will be communicated in each case. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- At the end of the paper, write a paragraph expressing the takeaways/benefits of using metaphors in management practice.
NOTE: Do not use macros or automatic referencing in your papers for this course. The auto features usually cause unforeseen problems in format.
Follow the Submissions Guidelines as listed in the Syllabus: This assignment should be submitted as Word.doc attachment in the Assignment section of our virtual classroom. The file name of your paper should be named in the following manner: Last name–truncated Week Number-Assignment name (abbreviated if necessary).
For example: Smith-Wk04-Metaphors Case Study Analysis
The accompanying articles upon which your work is based should be saved to your computer as a pdf files and then uploaded along with your assignment, named as suits you, EXCEPT put your last name first in the following manner: Last name–the name of the respective article (abbreviate as needed).
For example: Smith-YadaYada Research
Please note that this week you should upload three items into the same assignment area: your paper (.doc) plus the two case studies (each as a .pdf) upon which your paper is based.