Introduction: The purpose of this assessment is to help you develop the necessary skills and expertise to manage in the healthcare setting and understand the unique aspects of nursing leadership. Nursing leadership requires a unique set of skills relating to organizational performance and the healthcare industry. Leadership in the nursing profession, roles and responsibilities of the nurse leader, and human resource management are essential components of nursing management for leaders within the healthcare industry to understand. As the healthcare industry continues to change and reform, it is important for nurse leaders to be well prepared and well-rounded in the concepts of healthcare management and nursing leadership. For this assessment, consider yourself a nurse leader (which could be your current role if you are in a nurse leadership role at your organization) responsible for multiple departments, units, or service areas. You are struggling with performance of outcome measures that are below benchmarks. You feel that if your teams and staff were more engaged, your outcomes would improve. Requirements:
A. Create a performance data scorecard you could use to focus on outcome measures in your healthcare organization in which you do the following:
1. Identify the patient population being addressed.
2. Identify at least one outcome measure related to the population indentified in part A1 for each of the following indicators:
• patient safety
• employee engagement
B. Discuss the necessary processes that drive each outcome measure.
1. Discuss at least one additional indicator that would be important for a nurse leader to monitor on a regular basis to drive outcomes as part of the performance data scorecard.
C. Discuss at least three advantages of the performance data scorecard created in part A.
D. Analyze at least two current trends in healthcare that are related specifically to employee engagement.
1. Explain the relationship between employee engagement and healthcare quality.
- click here for more information on this paper
2. Discuss whether current tools in your organization adequately provide nurse leadership with data regarding employee engagement.
E. Create a plan to improve employee engagement based on the performance data scorecard.
Note: This plan may include but is not limited to goals, strategies, evaluation, timeline, etc.
1. Discuss leadership best practices that improve employee engagement.
F. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section. Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment. Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.