reparation for assignment:
- Module #9 Notes
- Complete Module #9 Class Discussion
Skills to be gained:
- Writing a brief research paper.
- Trying out our skills
- Drafting—Finding weaknesses, to make improvements in the next draft
Assignments and Schedule:
Prior to the class à
- Read Module #9 notes.
- No slide shows for this Module
Complete by Wednesday
- Post Module #9 Class Discussion à Briefly explain what will be in the first section of your paper & Reply to one group member’s reply.
- In your Discussion à
- Explain what the Draft of the first section of your Research Paper is about. What is the question and what sort of information will be included?
- Do you have enough information to support each BP? Do you need to do more research?
- Will you be able to synthesize most of your body paragraphs? Do you have authors that you can bring together in each of the body paragraphs?
- Then, Reply to at least one posting in your study group à
- Do you understand this explanation of what your peer’s Draft of the first section of her/his Research Paper is about?
- Make helpful suggestions to each other.
- In your Discussion à
Submit draft of the first section of the Research Paper assignment via Bb Safe Assign in Module #9 – DUE Saturday 6pm:
Include the following with this assignment à
- Cover Page with paper title
- Draft with Two – Three pages — Containing the following:
- Introductory paragraph identifying the main research question and the focused sub question which this paper will address. Be sure to explain to the reader the connection between these questions.
- 3 – 5 SCCUDy BPs
- Concluding paragraph summarizing the answer to the sub question addressed in the introduction.
- BPs should include the following à
- Unified BPs à Use a topic sentence [TS] in every BP. This identifies the theme of the BP.
- Coherent BPs
- Developed BPs
- SYNTHESIZED BPs—include two different sources in each BP.
- Cite often.
- Be sure to Proofread your paper for à
- grammatical errors
- sentence sense
- Unified paragraphs
- Coherent paragraphs
- APA formatted References page. On a separate page. Use “Page break” command in WORD to accomplish this. Go to “Insert” and then “Page Break”
SEE BELOW FOR SAMPLE COVER PAGE AND THE FORM THAT THE PAPER SHOULD TAKE