Please do Disney using the flip case method. This means I am asking you to construct your own “live case” about Disney. You will begin by reading the case. That reading will provide you historical information about Disney. The case brings you to the start of the 21st century. Gather information about Disney’s current strategy and performance (from a wide variety of sources such as the company’s SEC filings, newspaper and magazine articles, etc.). Your research will cover key strategic moves that have taken place over the past decade including the Pixar and Marvel acquisitions. Your memo for this week will be based on the research you have conducted.
Below are the questions for Disney case:
- What can you say about Disney’s stock performance?
- Should Disney be in the retail store business? Why or why not?
- How does Disney create synergies?
- Should Disney own ABC or not? What do you think about the relationship between ABC and Disney?
- What do you think of the more recent three major acquisitions that happened since the time of the case: Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas Films? (Please do some research on these deals outside of the case study).