Ancient history homework help. Research Paper: Proposal Instructions
After your topic is approved, turn your attention to the Research Paper Proposal. It must contain the following components:
- The cover page – Include your name, class name, instructor name, and date according to the Turabian manual.
- A working thesis statement – State the tentative, proposed thesis of the Research Paper in one sentence.
- The need for the study – Explain why this research is important. Include the reason(s) why the topic may warrant the study, e.g. the significance and/or implication of the topic in relation to history, contemporary situation, or academic controversy.
- The procedure of the study – In paragraph form, provide a brief summary of what will be included in each section of the paper. Detail any subtopics in your paper body.
- A working bibliography – A list of 12 working scholarly sources for your paper. Avoid general dictionaries, commentaries, magazines, and/or essays.
Please note the following format guidelines for your proposal:
- The proposal must be a minimum of 1 full page and must not to exceed 2 pages (not counting the cover page and selected bibliography).
- The proposal must be double-spaced with Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- The following section headings must be included in the body of the proposal:
- Thesis Statement
- The Need for the Study
- The Procedure for the Study
- The Research Paper Proposal must follow Turabian format.
- The Research Paper Proposal is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 4.
See the Research Paper: Proposal Grading Rubric and note how your paper will be graded.