Cells make tissues, and tissues make organs, organs work within human body systems and these body systems often work together. Understanding how the various components work together is necessary knowledge.
Answer all the following questions:
1. Epithelial cells of the kidneys have pumps that drive the transcellular transport of sodium ions: a. Is this epithelium likely to be simple or stratified? -Why? b. The movement of sodium ions drives the transcellular transport of water. Why water follows sodium?
2. Why is it difficult for a mature multinucleate cell such as a skeletal muscle fiber to divide by mitosis? What is the difference between connective tissues and epithelial tissue?
3. Proteins are the building blocks of life. Every cell in the human body contains protein. Which organelles are likely to be abundant in cells such as fibroblasts that actively produce and secrete protein which fuel cells, tissues, and organs?
Address each question asked in a single essay-style document with each topic separated with APA level headings, include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The formatting for your submission is as follows:
- Submissions should be in .doc file format.
- Support your answers with scholarly resources. Your textbook can be used as well.
- Follow APA format, Times New Roman, 12 Font, double spaced.
- Be sure to cite all sources appropriately. (See APA guidelines).
- An appropriate APA cover page and reference page should accompany your submission.
- Please view the evaluation rubric as you will be assessed on adequacy of responses based on the criteria in the rubric.
- Minimal word requirement is 1500 words, not including Title or References pages. Be sure to structure your paper with APA level headings related to the assignment components.
- See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
- Plagiarism of any kind will result in an automatic score of a “0” for this assignment.